Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Supe

Jen Wright has issues with my habit of ending sentences with a preposition at. I didn't really need to end that sentence with at. I just wanted to end it with a preposition. Ha - take that!

I'm writing two pieces for a FABA (stands for Financial and Business Assistance) section newsletter. For each piece I'm supposed to write a couple paragraphs that will appear on the front "page" of the newsletter. Each will also be linked to another page with the rest of the article.

So I need to make the first couple paragraphs interesting, right!? I wrote them in my usual style - just like I talk. Jen is a more formal kinda gal. (I didn't use words like I do in this blog that aren't real words like kinda) But I did, evidently end two sentences with with. A preposition. Shit!

I am not a bad writer, but suppose I've gotten a bit sloppy when it comes to English Rules. Jen's father was some kinda English guru. So she's a stickler for those rules. I ended up re-writing the first paragraph of one of my articles - twice. I honestly think the article did end up better in the end.

It hurts my big giant ego when people rip my writing. But I took this pretty well. Jen says the rest of the section people wrote their articles in a more formal style than I did. More her style. I think they're prolly boring!

No comments: