Thursday, May 6, 2010

Shoppin' with Debbie

I was dress shopping with Debbie today. Remind me to shop with a fat chick next time. Jeez she's so fit and trim. I felt like a flabby fanny next to her. Probably cuz I am flabby.

I spend my time blogging rather than working out. It's all for you my fine readers! (right - it's because my ass is so lazy). We were in Dress Barn, and she pulled those size 6 dresses over her head, and her buff arms bulged and and her trim waist looked fine. I drooled with envy. Not enough to get up from this computer and work out though. She works hard to get that figure.

So she found her dream dress and a cute top at the first store. I didn't. I tried on a moomoo (is that how you spell that?) - needed flipflops and a drink with an umbrella to go with it. Ugleee. The other two were ixnay as well. Deb had them hold her cute clothes and we went off to see what else was out there.

We stopped at Steinmart. Nothing there was worth getting naked over. So we were off across the street to the mall. We hit Younkers. I tried a few dresses on in the ladies section. Deb was feeling the pressure to "get Leslie a dress". No luck there, but I remember across, behind the purses there was a whole dress section. We headed there.

There were tons to choose from! Once we each secured a dressing room we were off to the races. I tried on 5, but the one I found on the "Day Dress" rack 30% off was the winner! They only had size 10 and 14 though, so I need to get it altered - or adjusted as Paul calls it. Ahhh it feels good to have one purchase down - 1 to go for the Alvillar wedding.

No comments: