Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bra Dept Biatchs

I stopped at Younkers tonight - needed a new brassiere. One with padding - not something I usually go for, but when I dress up, I like to look like I actually have breasts.

So I stopped at Valley West. First I tried on a few more dresses. Don't tell Pablo but I may have to purchase just one more. The black one a bought, after being altered, just looks more like a funeral dress. Oops. Found a sale dress for $59 and looked at some scarves/shawl pashmina type thingys. Didn't purchase.

Instead, I decided to go upstairs to the undies department to check out the bras. I only have one good one. Otherwise, needing little support for my booblets, as I've explained before, I wear bra-lets.

When I entered the area, the salespeople were busy gushing over a new type of bra they'd just gotten in - showing it to a customer. They glanced up at me - evidently sizing me up at the same time. I came up short. In the cup. They didn't bother to speak to me again while I walked around obviously looking for something I wasn't finding.

In the past Younkers has had an "Almost A" cup bra - product that I liked. But I can't find it anywhere! And I wasn't having any luck there. In the meantime more customers came in - and the saleswomen continued to enthuse over the new bra that "puffed you up two sizes". I guess you had to be a size to start with...sigh. A customer came out with it on, and the others drooled and clapped. I left.

And went to Penney's where they were doing construction and people left me alone. I didn't find Almost A, but but hey an A fit me just fine. I even tried it on! I also got a sports bra and some kinda Bermuda athletic shorts.

Didn't go back and get the dress, but hey I'll be back next week.

My boss Al and I went to lunch today - I think he wants to share his knowledge before he retires. It was nice. I'll miss the guy - think I would have really become good friends with him had I had a chance to work with him for a long time.

Jud called me while I drove home from the mall - he had a medical question. I was concerned as he hadn't done laundry last weekend. I texted him to say "don't become the BO guy nobody wants to work by!" and to say at least go buy more polo shirts! He told me tonight he did laundry, so I will be able to quit obsessing about it. Phew!

Dancing with the Stars is really the only reality show I can stand.
I think The Good Wife is the best show in TV right now - great characters! Gotta go it's coming on.

2 comments:

Thea said...

did you hear all my stories about struggling into a bra (the iron fortress type which is all they make for my size) with one arm? i got into it everyday. what would have been so bad about going without???

lgold said...

when you're my size, not much...you - perhaps. I felt so bad for you - what a struggle with a bad wing!