Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Banana rama cha ching

Stopped at the mall today on my way back to Joan's place. Joan is on vaca and there is nobody home. It's lonely and there is no reason to rush here. I worked until 5 PM - it was a long one - but I did get my review from my boss Al. I got good grades Mom!

I spent my time at Valley West Mall cruising through Von Maur Department Store, Banana Republic, The Gap and my fave Calypso. I would like to say this about Gap and Calypso - Yikes - your prices are too high for me! A button down collar shirt for $59? Really (said in best Saturday Night Live voice). A drapey shawl at Banana Republic $69? Realllly? It's like all those stores just waited to jack their prices up.

Von Maur had some sweet shoes and sandals, and I found a shawl on sale that might look good with my new dress. Didn't get it yet though - since I have time to shop around in coming weeks. Need to find that perfect dress for the LA wedding too. I think Pablo said something about getting new shoes (hiking boots) from Cabelas via UPS today...hmmm and he says I'm the one with all the shoes.

No comments: