Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Adorable Kiddy Stories




At book club a couple weeks ago, one of my friends suggested that we should commit the cute stories about our children to paper. I'm going to go one better and commit them to BLOG. So I hope your teeth don't rot as you read of the special and very cutesy things lil Amy and Jud did as youngsters. I'll Jot them down in future weeks as time goes by.

Starting with my first memories of that little punkin Amy Lizzy. Amy started life as an adorable little carrot top. She was quite a pukester to start out - she could spit up some 2 feet over my shoulder and hit a wall! That was kind of depressing - breastfeeding her for a half hour only to have it made into wall art.

Some women love breastfeeding. While I'm glad I did it - me, not so much. Perhaps it's my smallish breasts - they became engorged with milk and felt like rockets ready to go off! Nope, nursing and I didn't get along very well. So it was a relief when I was ready to go back to work, and I weaned her to bottles (Playtex nursers).

Even then Amy didn't get along so well on regular formula - we had to switch to soy formula. And after that - it was Sweet Acidophiles (sp) milk until Amy was a couple years old. Amy did love her bottles! She got so she'd drink up to 5 of the things a day. But she sure was a good sleeper - sleeping through the night starting at age 5 weeks. Paul and I would put her to bed at 7 PM and then eat supper.

We didn't mind that she was up be 5 a.m. ready to eat again. I can do early mornings as long as I can get to bed early! We lived in Osage then, and it was our first experience with Cable TV. I would watch the religion channel while I fed her (Tammy Faye and Jim Bakker) as it preceded the good cartoons - yep you know the ones. Looney Tunes. Bugs, Droopy (bestest evah cartoon), Wile Coyote. Sometimes there was even Spanky and Our Gang and Three Stooges. Fond memories of little screaming mimi Amy.

No comments: