Thursday, May 6, 2010

La Bambina


Kylie and Becky - leaving the hospital.


I got to see my friend Becky yesterday and her beautiful baby girl Kylie Faith who was born April 10th - a mere 1 day after my guesstimate of April 9. (I picked that date because it's sister Cindo's bday)

A few of us from work met Becky at Fazoli's on SE 14th for lunch. And there she was with her new little tiny person. I say tiny because gee - at 3 weeks she's still not as big as Amy and Jud were at birth.

And believe it or not, I held her for like 15 minutes! I don't usually hold babies who aren't related to me by blood. They don't fit into my arms right. But Kylie fit fine. She did sleep the whole time. She's got tiny feminine little features, and every once in a while she twitched. Finally, my arm gave out and I had to turn her back over to her proud mama.

Seeing Becky made me miss having her at work. But I can live with giving her up for a good cause - her being a stay at home mommy for a few weeks. As long as she lets me hold the baby a few more times!

No comments: