Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Date night - P&L

My honey just left. He was here for date night. Visitation I call it. Whatever we call it, it was def good to see him.

When I spoke to him last night, he sounded mucho stressed due to work issues. Those damn farmers. I asked him if there was anyone in particular he'd like me to take out. As in murder. Oh I could hide a body. Yessiree. I do not want my honey stroking out due to worrying about some f'ing farmer who is pissed about a terrace.

Paul and I are too much alike you see. We can allow imperfection by others. They can "screw up" or be at the center of conflict. Not us! We have to be perfect and liked and respected by all. I worried about him not sleeping well - and having nobody to say "snap out of it" "your job will not care about you". Even though I know it wouldn't do much good.

So he took off (gasp) early - co-workers even commented! The guy works like 50 hour weeks routinely while getting paid only for 40. Gee that makes sense. I guarantee nobody else does that in his line of work. The bosses don't.

And we met at Joan's and headed to Ramsey Subaru to check out the cars. He heard tell of my frettership regarding Jud and his itty bitty car. So we're considering having Jud drive the Jeep and Paul could get a new car. Yeah I know $$. Can't really afford it until Jud graduates, but if Jud got smashed flat on the Interstate in that little car I'd be beside myself! It's only money, right?!?

We test drove a couple new Outbacks. And we're thinking it over.

I took him to HuHot for supper - the Mongolian joint where you pile a bunch of meat (if you swing that way) veggies, fruit, noodles into a bowl along with a recipe of sauce you whip up yourself according to their recipes. Paul hadn't been there before - when I suggested it, he asked me what it was. I went all un-PC, and did my great (in my own mind) Chinese accent. "Mistah you gonnah likkee you see!"

It was nice to have an evening meal not by myself. Then we did a lil shopping - just fun walking around with him - my lover, instead of all by my lonesome. A nice night.

1 comment:

amy e. goldsmith said...

huhot is good schtuff! the smiths took me there one one. poor daddy. hope he de-stresses.