Saturday, May 1, 2010

Feeling clean


The grandmas




Early gabbing - McKims house is big and beautiful - perfect for events like this!




Gift opening






Sharon, L, Joanie, Diana - the hostesses










Bailey Miller, Kristina McFee - bridey

After the shower I mean. Diana, Joan, Sharon and I hosted a bridal shower for Kristina McFee today at D's house. We planned it all via email - technology at its finest. We pulled it off anyway. It seemed to go swell - good food, lots of chatting, I mixed up drinks and the kids got some nice gifts, which Krissy opened and displayed for all. Sharon's daughter Amanda and granddaughter Olivia (nearly 2) were there - always nice to see them. Livvie is getting big!

Krissy is Kristina McFee - someone I've known since she was around two, when I met her mommy Bobbie at sorority - Beta Sigma Phi, Zeta Iota Chapter. Bobbie and I were new pledges together and found out we had daughters who were similar age. Those daughters so started having play dates together when their mommys did. And the daddys found they were both farm boys who also had a lot in common. The two families have been hanging out ever since.

When Amy's brother Jud was born, Amy stayed all night at McFee's house. And Kimmy and Jud grew used to being stalked by the older siblings during mutual play dates. And viceversa. The four children spent lots of time together through the years. Many Sundays found us gathering together for an evening meal - Jeff, Bobbie, Paul and I would enjoy a cocktail and conversation while the children played.

I made an egg casserole that got a lil overdone while I was busy whipping up BMs (no - not bowel movements or Bobbie McFees) bloody marys with store bought BM mix and some of Joan's home canned bloody mary mix. I added Worcestershire and that hot red stuff. And pepper. I made the first one a little strong - so I had to drink that one myself. I must have made about twelve of those things.

People spread out and at at the dining room table and on the deck at the tables set there. It was sunny, and decent out of the chilly wind. I think everyone had a nice time. More of my buddies got to meet my roomie Joan - like Nancy. I talk about each of them to each other (in a nice way of course) so it's nice that they finally met!
By the time presents were opened, it was nearly noon. People started to take off - Bobbie's mom asked about Amy, which was nice of her. I talked to Bobbie's sis-in-law Brenda about her wiener dog, who sounds like a lil larger clone of Odie.

I gave Kristina a hug before she left - heck it's like she's a niece of mine too! Wedding is coming up quick - June 5. Pablo promised to fly Amy in for it - after all she's Amy's earliest buddy. And Jud should be home. Gonna be some fun!

So now I'm vegging the rest of today. Paul shot a turkey this a.m. and he waxed his Jeep. Testosterone s/b practically dripping off him!

No comments: