Thursday, December 24, 2009

Bloggin' from Vail, CO
















I'm sitting in Vail with my fam - 2 of my sisters, my boy Elroy (Jud), and niecelet Jordie Beordie. Plus bro-in-law Jim the attorney. I just made an emergency trip to Wally World in Avon. Hostess Cindo needed toothpicks and Frito Scoops. Wal-Mart in Avon is larger than some Iowa towns.


We had an exciting trip here. Not really. Pablo was worried about the weather - and he had every right to be. Freezing rain was coming, and they weren't sure when. So I hit the Ugly Sweather party at Bobbie's house with my Homies, Monday night. It was fun - I think that's a whole nother blog.


So after the Monday night homie party, I got home and was brainless about packing even though I only drank Squirt at the partay. Duh. Here's what i forgot:












  • cord for my laptop. Blue, my new laptop is cordless, and bleeding power as I write.






  • face lotion






  • iPod and charger






  • Vitamins






So nothing I can't live without, but still irritating! We checked into buying a power cord for Blue, and found they're like $100. Guess we won't get that.






The drive wasn't bad - we went the South route through KC in order to avoid the bad weather. We drove out of it at KC and then back into some fog, but no icy roads. We got out whilst the gettin' was good. The south route is a couple hours longer, but we were glad we went that way.






We pulled into Denver around 4 and headed to my Aunt Marty and Uncle Bill's townhouse. Sat and chatted with them for a while before our baby girl showed up to hugs all around. She'd been working at Marczyk's the gourmet market where she puts in some 40 hours per week. Cousin Rich came over for a drink - then the Goldsmiths headed out for supper. It was an early night as we were pooped (Pablo didn't sleep for a couple nights ahead of our trip).





We enjoyed chatting with my relatives that a.m. and headed to Marczyk's to meet Amy's bosses and see the cute place she works. We picked up sandwiches there for the road - I rode with Amy in Dave the Honda Fit and Jud and Paul were in the Subaru. Good time for one-on-one convos.





Arrived in Vail around 1PMish. Sister Cindo was prepping for the big partay - each year she and husband Bolder host a huge Christmas Eve party. Paul, Jud, Amy and I were in on it last year since Amy was living here. Checked into the Riverwalk - the Inn we are staying in - nice rooms, basic continental breakfast all for $200/night. Susi, Jim and Jordan arrived later that afternoon. That night, we experienced Beano's Cabin by sno-cat sleigh ride.





It was snowing up a storm that night - good thing we were decked out in parkas and warm clothes. Some Floridians didn't fare as well in their suede coats and stylish boots. The ride up the mountain in an open-topped sleigh took 15 minutes or so - Amy got some good photos. The atmosphere at Beano's is very cool and the food - I had goose appetizer and lamb for my main course. It was Delicious. Memories were made.










3 comments:

Alternate Leslie Goldsmith said...

From Alternate Leslie M Goldsmith--
Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! and Happy Bowl Game! Paul M had surgery and has done amazingly well. We dodged the majority of the rough weather and enjoyed Christmas with our families in West Des Moines. Our waitress at Cheesecake Factory yesterday is a high school friend of Amy's--small world! Have fun!! LMG

lgold said...

Glad to here Paul is on the mend! I'll have to ask A who works at Cheesecake Factory. We're in Flagstaff tonight - on to Phoenix and warm weather tomorrow. Stay warm-
LBG

Kris said...

The waitress was probably Amy Kralik.