Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Was there

any better feeling than waking up on a snowy school day, and having Mom tell us "go back to sleep, no school today." Yes!

Tomorrow is like that for me - except for the go back to bed part. I will need to get up, but will work at home (Joan's home anyway). I'm really lucky I can do that. I've got a magic fob (it looks like a keychain, but has a button to push that reveals a code I need to enter) that allows me to get into the Citrix program which opens up the DNR files for me remotely.

It's as if I have a golden ticket - ala Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Remember that movie? My Aunt Jean, a third grade teacher for 30 years in ritzy Cherry Creek near Denver, gave me that book when I was in, well third grade. I took it to school and the teacher read it to the class. I is one of my favorite childhood books - I loved the illustrations.

Charlie finds the golden ticket in his candy bar. The chocolate sounded so delicious. The descriptions of the other characters - Charlies poor family - complete with 4 grandparents in one bed. The other kids who found golden tickets - Augustus Gloop, Veruca Salt, Mike the TV kid, hmm am I missing anyone? And who could forget the oompa loompas and their curious ditties?

Amy and I went to see the new version of the movie with Johnny Depp. But I must say I prefer Gene Wilder. Hope you stay warm and dry tomorrow!

1 comment:

amy e. goldsmith said...

you forgot violet boubegard!

"violet, you're turning violet, violet."