Friday, July 24, 2009

My blue heaven

This morning I took a break from my work - yep, workin' at the 'ol home front today. I sat on my deck on a beautiful morning, reading an excellent Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child book. Birds were chirping. A white moth or butterfly fluttered by. Then I heard a hum and looked up to see a female humming bird checking out our flower pots. It must have decided Odie and I looked to iffy and it buzzed off. I don't get that kind of experience at break time during work.

I walked by myself this a.m., cuz we're a car short and I got up to late to ride my bike to walk with my buddies. I thought I'd see them on the walking trail, but I missed 'em somehow. But it gave me a chance to think.

I'm nervous for my upcoming surgery - a hysterectomy schedule for July 28th. I've decided to keep my ovaries - they're still giving it the 'ol college try at pumping out hormones. If they were removed when I have the hysterectomy I would go into immediate menopause. I read about the side effects, and they didn't sound like fun.

Dr. Dornbier, my new gyno/surgeon, asked me (at my pre-surgery meeting) if I was ready for my "date" next Tuesday. I told him it's not a date if I'm unconscious! Unless he's used to slipping roofies to women. He's funny, yet he was very thorough in explaining the risks of this procedure - a Da Vinci Hysterectomy, done by a robot - and the doc of course.

I keep thinking - 1 week from now I'll be on the mend. Fingers crossed.

No comments: