Sunday, July 5, 2009

Most excellent Sunday

Today was pretty good as post-holidays go. Usually there is a bit of a letdown. But it's nice when the 4th of July is on a Saturday or Sunday. You get a transition day that way. I enjoyed today.

Woke up at 8 a.m., grabbed a bowl of cereal. I remembered that I forgot to get dog food Friday. Damn - you can only get Science Diet 2 places in town and they are both closed Sundays. I called Creston Vet Clinic and I got lucky and caught the new doc there doing chores, so I buzzed out and got a couple bags before picking up Paul for church. Father Pins must have had a picnic to go to as he flew through mass. In fact I had to ask Paul if there was a sermon cuz I missed it! Must have been deep in holy thought. Something like "gee what should I eat for lunch?"

After church we sat on the deck and read the paper while drinking coffee - in my case fattening cappuccino. Did I mention it was beautiful out? The fog the weather people mentioned didn't happen. Sunny, light breeze. Our deck was heavenly. I did a bit of computer work, started some laundry and had a leftover burger for lunch. With avocado. Yummy!

About then Paul came in from putzing in the yard and said Bobbie and Jeff were stopping by for a bike ride. So I got my bike stuff on and wiped the dust off my bike - something I'd neglected to do after a long dusty winter. When they showed up we took off on a nice leisurely ride around town, after which we sat on the deck and chatted for a while.

They took off around 4 and I ironed clothes for the week and packed my bag. We ate supper - brats, melon and snap peas. I packed up some food for the week - ready to snatch from the frig in the a.m. Paul is leaving tomorrow too on a trip to MN with Jud to visit his sis Carol. So he was busy packing too. I read my book on the deck.

We took Odie for a walk and then went to the bank after supper, Odie riding on my lap sniffing the lovely evening wind. Tomorrow she'll go to Lila's for a few days - the puppy spa. I hope it's a good week for all of us!

No comments: