Monday, July 27, 2009

It's clear




I've been on clear fluids today in preparation for tomorrow's removal of my uterus. My date with Dr. Dornbier (above). He'll soon know my guts better than I do. Between today's diet and my guts, can I just say "ick!".

One does not realize how important food really is during each day until one (me) doesn't get to have any. I started out this morning with food in my face, by meeting my buddies for breakfast. It was my own fault as I suggested it, but that was before I realized I didn't get to eat today. We ended up at Family Table instead of S&K, because the latter was closed for vacation.

I tried not to look at my friends' food too closely - cuz it looked pretty yummy. I myself was having lime Jello and coffee with no cream. WTF!?! Who could live like that? Good thing I'm no super model - I could not exist on lettuce leaves. When I got home I had some tea and later splurged on red Jello. For lunch, chicken bouillon with a Popsicle for dessert.

Around 1 PM I began sipping some laxative drink that is like lemon syrup. Yuck. It's making me queasy and I'm sipping slowly. Compared to this slow torture, having my surgery will be an answer to my prayers!

I'm facing a long evening of no food. As I said, I didn't realize how much of my life was spent on the little decisions about what to eat when. It's something we Americans often take for granted. We've got lots of fruit that I'd love to eat. A cheeseburger sounds like heaven. But I'll survive. Next time I check in, I'll be uterus free.

No comments: