Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"It's not illegal

to be stupid and sleezy in Maryland." That's just one of the quotes from CD#9 in the Tess Monahan (see it IS something Irish, and now I remember it) book I'm listening to, by Laura Lippman. Now that is a good line!

That's why I love reading (or in this case, listening). It's almost like music to my ears, listening to how the words flow. I love a good phrase. I just finished the book club book for this month. Hmmm not many well turned phrases in that. Murder on the Iditarod Trail is the name. It was okay, but I buzzed through it just to get done.

It was my week to forget stuff from home, so I left my good book - the latest by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child at home. As if I didn't have enough to look forward to by going home - Amy, my baby girl is flying in tomorrow and Pablo is picking her up in Omaha. Pablo is at home - he of the soft inviting lips, newly shaved of le bush.

My supper tonight was a bust. I planned to eat stuff I had brought from home. The Cantaloupe - ripe when I cut it, was mushy. I wasn't in the mood for my left over pork chop. And the grapes were too tart. Hmmm good thing I ate Mexican for lunch (Carlos O'Kelly's - Tasty Tacos yesterday was much better) - went along with 7 others to celebrate my co-worker Becky's bday - she and her twin sis (who also works for the Dept) turn 30 on Friday.

After lunch, I was working away in my cube, when my beloved popped in! I'd totally forgotten he was working at the Fed office today. I can't believe I didn't feel his vibes. That was a nice surprise. On my way home I stopped to pick up my new sheets (made of bamboo) at Younkers. I'll report later how what they're like.

Shout out to my former roomie KMac. Pretty quiet around here without you - nobody sings to their laptop anymore. Last night was my first night in the room. That room and the bathroom look pretty stark with all your stuff gone. Sigh.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Haha, never knew you could hear me that well... thought you were engrossed in blogging and HGTV in the sun room. :)

I'm singing along to my music all day while working. Feels less lonely that way.

Thea said...

we used to call it Tacky Tacos, but I have loved their cheese enchs for years and years. actually since before I was 30, eons ago.