Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'm upset


because you just dropped a house on my sister. (a tee shirt Joan and I saw at Valley Junction tonight). I saw another one this week in the East Village that said "You had me at Mustache!"


They're so clever! I wish I could remember more.


Joan and I enjoyed an evening at the Valley Junction Farmer's Market. It was less like a market than a food fair. I had a smoked turkey breast sanny on a soft homemade bun, a pinch of yummy fudge that Joan bought and some chocolate ice cream.


Earlier today I enjoyed the 20th Anniversary of the Iowa Recycling Association Banquet and Annual Meeting. It was fun - attended by around 80 people. There was a panel on sustainability with 4 excellent speakers. Bill Stowe - the City of DM public works guy. If you watch DM TV news you've seen him. He's got longish gray hair, is a good speaker and is pretty sexy in my book.


Another speaker was a guy from a sustainability program Urban something. I admire those young guys of today who just shave their heads instead of suffering thru the Hair Club. He was one of those. Another nifty speaker. Hearing from people like that pumps me up!


Tomorrow it's a meeting with a young woman from the Environmental Protection Agency. She wants to hear about what I do. Then, it's lunch with my buddy Christine. We met each other oh 8 years ago or so. She's in her early 30's and I'm um older than that. But we clicked right away. Guess it's because she's a smart ass similar to myself. We used to get to talk quite a bit as we had a working relationship as well as a friendship - she works for a consulting company that my former employer utilized a great deal. Nowadays we don't get to talk as much, but we catch up quickly.


Then I have another quick meeting - with a DNR techie person about my website idea. I dream of a statewide website to hosting disposal information for everywhere in Iowa. After that I'm heading home! And...as another tee shirt said - I feel a sin coming on!

No comments: