Thursday, May 29, 2014

Vail and Jiggety Jig

We spent Sunday evening and Monday in the Vail suburb of Edwards, where Cindo lives. She invited our pals Bonnie and Eric over for marinated skirt steak on the grill. I'm proud of my sis - after Bolder died, these are skills she had to learn - lighting the grill and cooking. She nailed it! It was fun to catch up with B&E - they're heading to Spain soon on vacation. #jealous.

Monday morning we headed to Minturn to the Turntable for breakfast. Kitschy place - we snapped a photo outside. Aren't I a hottie? I didn't know Paul could play the guitar...

After a huge fattening breakfast we headed east to Vail (Minturn is off I-70 in between Edwards and Vail) to do a bit of shopping. Looking really as most of the wares in Vail are out of our price range. #01%. We stopped in a store where a lightweight jacket was $1,068. Gulp. I tried not to get my grimy paws on it.

It was a gorgeous morning and there was an event going on in town - a run was just finishing up and runners were wearing cool medals. I was jealous. The sun was shining and bands were setting up to play. I saw bloody marys being served.
We hung out with this guy - Albert he said his name was...
Love the climbing girl - and the other people too
After shopping in Vail we swung through Edwards and I bought a book - something in my budget. Then we spent time on Cindy's deck reading. It was nice sitting in the sun. Later we went to Bonnie and Eric's for supper. Shaloy and Jim came over too! They were just back from picking up a conversion van in Texas #carryoncamping! Good eats!

We said goodbye to Cindo that night when we went to bed. We got up at 4 a.m. and took off early for home. It's beautiful seeing the sun coming up in the mountains. And getting through Denver before the traffic starts up! We listened to "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" all the way, arriving about 4:30 p.m. Nice to be home again in Ioway. Jiggety Jig.

No comments: