Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Crazy thoughts

My friend Cindy says the term might be 5 to 7 in the penitentiary. I was searching for a term for when someone has a nearly uncontrollable urge to do something. That's what she came up with!

Like today...twice I walked by unattended UPS trucks. The drivers had just gotten out, arms laden with packages. The trucks have no doors - they're just begging for someone to get in. I have had the urge to hop in, honk the horn and wave at the driver - just to see the look on his face.

No, I won't do it - at least until I'm a cute little old lady. There should be a term (not prison) for that. Brown-A-Honka or something...
Walking in the 'hood - again the urge...but I kept on walking
Speaking of crazy - that East Village in DSM is crazy with building. Now a "boutique" hotel is going in right down the block from the Wallace Building. I hope they put parking in with it!
Looking north
The flowers are a little later than usual in the Governor's Plaza west of the Capitol - but they're finally blooming. I took a walk at lunchtime today - on down to the Allspice Store. My sis Cindo needs blood orange olive oil. Her wish is my command.

We're heading out to Amy's in Denver for a couple nights, then will pick Cindy up in Edwards (near Vail) on our way to Susi's in Grand Junction. She and Jim moved to a new home a couple years ago and we haven't gotten to see it - so now is our chance! We'll head back to Cindy's until we drive all the way back on Tuesday.

Odie is coming with us - she's mighty thrilled! Last time we left her with a sitter she snapped 2 toenails off and they're still not growing in. (dog trauma...$230 worth) This way she can terrorize Beck and Goose - Cindo's cats. But Lucy's dead. LOL. (inside joke with the Alvillar girls - my sister Susan told my nieces that their elderly dog had gone over the rainbow bridge - and was new to these newfangled abbreviations - thinking LOL meant lots of love. Lucy was a great smooth haired fox terrier that loved to play fetch non-stop.

Odie would have hated her. Odie's a bitch - to dogs. Mostly because she wasn't raised around other dogs - my fault for not socializing her more. She sure loves people though. She's a bit leery of little people - kids who tend to want to get in her face. I need to pack her bag!

Other stuff -
Does anyone else love that commercial where the mom Skypes the family and the dad says "we have it all under control" and when the view/call is over you see that the house is an explosion of food/mess. It's advertising washable paint. Funny.

I sucked at Chemistry. So I really appreciate this. Georgia HS senior class prez and good student Paris Gray put this as her personal quote in the yearbook. When HS officials caught on, she was suspended. For being clever.

Cooler heads prevailed and they are allowing her to walk with her class. As the Mashable article said - "well played, Ms. Gray, well played."

No comments: