Wednesday, May 30, 2012

And then... in Colorado

Saturday a.m. we enjoyed breakfast at Cindo's fave Mexican restaurant. I think it's because the waiter is so darn cute. Then Paul and Amy headed out for a hike in East Vail, leaving Cindy and me reading magazines in the sun on the martini deck off the master bedroom at her place. Nirvana!

Later we did a bit of shopping. She was such a trooper hobbling on her crutch, her puffy knee due to her partial joint replacement a month ago. She bought a purse. I got jeans. I like hanging with her.

Amy said Paul was very informative during their hike - as he seemed to look upon this occasion as a chance to educate her in the ways of flora and fauna.
I haven't heard the story of this tree...

Guess they couldn't get a squirrel to get a shot of them both...
That night, we went to a graduation party that Cindy and Bolder were invited to - for Reeve, the son of Jim and Shaloy, some of the people we have enjoyed hanging with the past three years since Amy moved to Denver. Their daughter Kelsey came all the way to NW Missouri State for a soccer scholarship - graduating last spring from there. Reeve will play football in SW Colorado. The party was held in conjunction with several other kids at a big gorgeous log home. They had me at Stella Artois keg and string band....
The band was really good along with the view!
Monday we headed back to Denver - Amy had to work a bit, and I had planned to meet high school buddy Julia Hoilien for lunch in Bolder. We had some time to kill so we stopped for coffee at a little place downtown and discovered there was an art show going on. I dragged Pablo through the exhibit area - it was a beautiful morning! I love the pianos placed around downtown Denver.

pssst I wasn't really playing...


So fun seeing Jules and her husband Jeff Mason. I'm just sorry I didn't get a pic of their cutie patootie daughter Marcella.
Jules and her husband Jeff
 
That night Amy's roomie Carrie was back from Minneapolis - her hometown, where she'd been for a wedding. The four of us walked to Hamburger Mary's where we met Amy's friend Patrick for supper. In case you're wondering - yes it's a gay joint, but no, none of us are. The food was good and the back patio is a great venue! It was fun.
Carrie works for Integer a marketing firm and Patrick works for Pepsi - he majored in logistics like Jud did

Our room at the Lamm home - good sheets and Marty always has nice lotion in the bathrooms
Later we got to spend some time with one of my favorite aunties and Uncle Bill. Then we spent one more night at their home.

Tuesday we took the long drive home, listening to a book on CD by CJ Box - featuring Joe Pickett, a game warden character in Wyoming who deals with murder. Something for Paul and my taste! We were home before 5 p.m.

1 comment:

Jane Buck said...

Loving your blogs - please keep writing. This way I get to take lots of trips!! :) Good pix too, Les. Thanks again!