Friday, May 18, 2012

Susi is a grandma!

We welcome Jonah David Alvillar, son of David and Ashley Alvillar, into the Bullock family. David has been a part of the fam for 30 years (yikes!). That's how long Susi and Jim have been married.
That's David on the left in the Superman shirt - in Estes Park with the fam

Paul and I remember well the trip to Grand Junction for their wedding. We were engaged to be married in August that year, 1982. Paul had just hurt his knee playing golf - a flair up of a high school football injury. I think he was on crutches, forced to hobble down the airplane steps after we flew into the small Grand Junction airport. Soon after landing, we met our new instant family members. Jim and David Alvillar.

Jim was an intense athletic, swarthy handsome guy. David was a 3-year old cutie pie. He was smart as a whip and Susi already loved him I could tell. David's Mom Betty also lives in Grand Junction, so David spent time with each parent - as many children of divorce do. While he didn't attend all of our family get-togethers, we have been lucky enough to see David quite a bit through the years. Plus Susi kept us up on what he was up to - after High School graduation, Clermont College followed by a career on Wall Street. We got to meet Ashley, by then David's fiance at my niece (his sister Leslie's) wedding in LA in 2010. She seems like a great gal and all the A's love her.
The Alvillars surround Ashley last Thanksgiving when she and David announced baby would be forthcoming
Priceless!

 I'm sure I'll get to meet Jonah someday at a fam get-together. Can't wait! In the meantime there are important questions to be answered. What the hell is Baby going to call the new grandparents? Gran and Gramps? We called our grandparents Momo and Bubba. On Mom's side they were Pops and Grandma. Hmm somehow I don't picture Jim as any of those.

You're on your own Jonah. I'm sure you'll be adorable enough to get away with calling them something cute. I can't wait to see Jim melt into a puddle.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Noah? You mean Jonah? So many biblical names!

lgold said...

Dang - I keep doing that. Getting those 2 names mixed up. I'm going to have to start taking Gingseng or something...me and names are having problems.