Sunday, May 27, 2012

Our Colorado Trip

Paul and Amy at Udi's at lunchtime
I was ready for a road trip. And some time away from work. I know...it's not been that long since our April Florida vacation. But a girl my age needs some breaks, ya know. Especially when her hubby lives in a different town from her some of the week.

We took off Thursday after work and reached Kearney, Nebraska (it's pronounced Car nee for those of you who aren't familiar). We stay at a Microtel there for around $60 with a AAA discount. It's a short drive from there into Denver - we arrived in time to take Amy (hugs welcome since we hadn't seen her since Christmas) to lunch at Udi's - a deli-like place near her work.

After lunch we met John, Matt, and the other Matt - all co-worker/supervisors at Custom Made Meals. In Amy's office, we got to see some projects Amy has been working on.

Amy had to work that afternoon, so Paul and I decided to head to REI - a huge outdoor activity store. We both salivate when we see the wares there...
I got a chuckle out of this shot from their shoe area. The salesman said I'd get extra credit for knowing who this referred to...are you kidding man? She's my idol, except for the being corrupt part...

I didn't end up buying any shoes there - just socks - Smart Wool on sale. Paul got a solar charger for his cell phone for when he goes elk hunting. Beam me up, Scotty! Then we sat on the deck at my Aunt Marty and Uncle Bill's deck. Yep, we're staying at their lovely abode again. We could spring for a crappy hotel, but choose to stay free at their place - and they're not even there. (I used all forms of there in that sentence you language peeps) They have a great second home in Estes Park where they are this weekend.

Next episode...our evening with our girl.

No comments: