Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My week - like a Maytag repairman...

Ol Lonely...Paul is back living in Creston (I originally wrote Des Moines...must be wishful thinking). Joan is on vacation. This sucks! Plus my shoulder continues to be problematic. Thank goodness for physical therapy and Geri my therapist with the sweet hands. Geri works at Penn Medical near Lutheran Hospital which is just across I-235 from my workplace, the beautiful (not) Wallace Building.
Balloons landed by our house in 2005
It's a small world ya know. Geri and family are hot air balloonists who trek to Creston annually to...you guessed it - Balloon Days, held every September. The weather isn't usually cooperative. But there have been a few good weekends. I remember a couple times they flew over the Friday night football game. One time they practically landed on our house! And the parade. The family Geri's fam has bonded with is the Stevens family - Reggie is the dad. Amy played basketball when the daughter Josie was on varisty. Geri has fond feelings for Creston, aww. Makes me feel good that she likes my town. (and that she makes my shoulder feel better...)

Sunday Paul and I enjoyed a nice walk with Odie the Wonder Dog at Green Valley State Park, North of Creston. You may recall the lake had needed repairs - and the summer Jud worked there, 2008, he actually help "pull the plug" to open the gate to allow the water to drain. DNR has been dredging and riprapping ever since! Until quite recently when it started filling up again, finally! Odie likes walking out there - all those smells!



Monday night I got to meet the interns for our Pollution Prevention Program as we host them for a meal out near Johnston City Hall at a historic Barn. I snapped a couple photos.
I'm not sure if the barn was there or if it was moved in from elsewhere...interns will do projects all over Iowa - reducing waste, water and energy use at business and industry. Cool stuff.

While shopping for a wedding gift I came across this product (No I didn't buy it).

It's a Snow Cone Machine!

It brought to mind something I had when I was a kid! Click here:  Hasbro Snoman Sno Cone

Jeez - I had all the cool toys. I was a pretty lucky kid...and an even more lucky adult. Counting my blessings! Even during a lonely week...

No comments: