Sunday, June 26, 2011

The girls

Have had their annual checkup. My mammogram I mean. You may recall that last year I got a call back - they wanted to see one of the sistas again. So she got extra attention this year.

I had the same tech as last year - a nice young gal from Dexter who travels this way whilst I go that way. I know seems goofy. She said she went in the ditch that last snow storm. "Get a Subaru" I advised her - all wheel drive. The funny thing was she could totally talk the talk - she said, I like the new Outbacks, and she likes the Legacy too. She'd been to Denver recently and they were everywhere.

She had a trainee with her. When then do the test, the machine pretty much crushes one's breast in Plexiglas. The tech pushes it into place and begins to crank the Plexiglas plates closer together and says, "say when, when it hurts." Ouch! A few shots like that - spreading the love.

That was it. Then I had my picture taken with the machine of torture. Hope I get good news again this year. God bless all those who don't!

No comments: