Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mistaken Leslie again...

Jules and me - 2009
Last night I was just drifting off into REM sleep when my phone buzzed. I thought it was time to get up! Snatching it up, I saw that it was really a phone call with my friend and high school classmate Jules on the other end of the line. She lives in Boulder, Colorado. I noted it was 10:45 PM.

My heart began to pound - why would she call this late? She said "Sorry for calling so late but I need to change our 9 a.m. meeting tomorrow to Wednesday." I thought, "We have a meeting - I don't remember setting it up?" but went with it...I told her I'd check my schedule and text her in the a.m. Which I did. "Busy 9-10 a.m. free otherwise" But this morning I was thinking - "What is she doing in Des Moines again?"

Julia was in town a month or so ago on her way to NE Iowa for a funeral. But, again, I didn't remember talking to her about getting together this week. Did I miss something? I got a text back from Jules. "I'll try to shuffle some things and let you know." I text back, "What are you doing in town?" She sends back, "How about 9:15?"

I'm starting to think - "Who is this person - she's wacko!" I told her I had a meeting then with my supervisor 9-10, so no I can't meet then. She comes back with, "How about 12:15? Happy Birthday!" I'd had it! I said, " My birthday is in November! Noon works."

Finally - the light bulb went on in Boulder. Jules said, "Argh, wrong Leslie!" And she called me later this afternoon to apologize sheepishly. Julia is a masseuse and she had been trying to set up an appointment change with a client. Not me

After I texted that I had been starting to think she was bi-polar. And she owes me a massage!

Communication is a very strange thing - when two people aren't talking about the same thing or to the same people. Good thing Jules didn't text me a pic of her wiener! haha

No comments: