Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Busy Week

And I'm fried! Do you ever have those busy weeks? The ones where you have stuff back-to-back with little breathing room? That's the story of my week this week. Good thing there's a vacation in San Antonio at the end of it!

Monday I arrived in DSM just after 7 a.m. and rushed to complete my PowerPoint presentation in order to practice with Scott, my co-presenter. Then it was off to JimmyJohn's to pay for the lunch order for my Tuesday Auditor Meeting (14 lunches - all on my credit card plus tip $149). Got back and discovered they forgot to ring up a Coke. Phone call..more time.

Off to the dermo - ya'll already heard that story. Tuesday's meeting was at the beautiful State Library building a/k/a Ola Babcock Miller building. Historical, wood, tile. Nice meeting room. Poor Laura, my co-presenter went to the downtown library by mistake. Oops! She wasn't too late though. Gave me a chance to hit up my Supe about my job evaluation - she says it will be in July. (my 2.5 year anniversary is coming up June 19)

The Audit meeting went swell! Attendees were engaged and learned a great deal. Laura kicks ass in the training department - and I hope I had a little to do with it as well. L and I put the agenda together. And I chimed in on topics. In future years I suppose this stuff will be my baby - though it makes me nervous to think of it!~?!

Today was the big meeting - at the Bot. I never felt totally in control of the PowerPoint process as Scott pasted the application we were presenting on into the slide show. And he had fancy stuff (balloon and such) flying into his slides. I am a control freak and would rather have been in total control. (Like a 2-year-old...MINE). Plus another presenter had a few slides we stuck in.

When it was time to present, I felt I could have been smoother. More polished. Nailed it. I got a little distracted and stuttered around at times. But so it goes - I was nervous with my supe and super supe in the crowd.

But my friend Christine just texted and said "nice job today - very informative" so that makes me feel better.

No comments: