Saturday, June 11, 2011

Friday bits

  • Pablo and I had lunch with 3/4 of the McFees at Elms Club. Kimmy is on her way to Okinawa Saturday to work in the aqua area of the U.S. military bases there until mid August. It's true, they are trusting her to DRIVE in that country. (They don't know her very well...DO they? -said in Bugs Bunny voice). But this is the new and improved college grad Kim. Have a wonderful adventure Kimmy!
  • Worked on my PowerPoint for my big meeting Wednesday for my very special work project - Environmental Management System (EMS). I hope to entice some new Agencies into signing up!
  • And I worked on the lunch order (Jimmy Johns) for my Tuesday EMS Internal Auditor training meeting. Fifteen people are coming - and I'm in charge of logistics. Who knew figuring out lunch would be so damn time consuming...and I'm not done yet. Tried to do each box lunch online, but it timed-out so I called and told them I'd bring in my order Monday. Then I have to figure out how much each person owes me...yes, we have a budget crunch people and the great State of Iowa cannot afford to spend $150 for lunch for a meeting...for our environment. So I, the employee paid by the state has instead spent 3 hours of my time arranging for the food and will put it on my credit card. Don't we all feel better? Hmmm - not me!
  • Paul and I went out to eat with long lost friends Joan and Greg Weis! Our sons Jud and Ben were sportmates, though they never really hung out as friends. Even so, we began to commute to games together, as Greg was in vet school until probaby 2005 or so (he was a late goer). So we got to know the folks well! Love those two - especially Joan as she rode with us a lot. Fun to catch up on all things kids/fam.
  • We went (trumpets sound) to A&G: big crowd in there - softball tourney here this weekend and Sioux City Heelan folks were just clearing out as we got there. Talked to Katie Turner about the new girl's bball coach. Sounds like a winner.
  • Started telling Joan and Greg about Deb's experience buying her MOG dress (Mother of Groom) in Kansas City and the "what not to wear" lady there. And her hair experience - ending up going to my stylist Sarah Darby.
  • So who walks in and sits by us? I mean in the next booth? Darbys! Along with Jacque Jay and her latest squeeze who must by Lucas's friend. Jacque's bro just was arrested Thursday for all sorts of mayhem - talk of the town. Shot Tyler Coenen's truck with a shotgun?!? Drugs/Alcohol? Hope they get that kids squared away! Anyway...told Sarah we were just talking about her! Deb's sis in DSM also went to see her for a new style! I go Monday for a color. Yay!
  • On to "The Lobby" for one last drink (already 2 lemondrops in) before we head home. Joan and Greg hadn't been there. Small nice crowd again. Our neighbors Joanie and Bill Taylor were there - Joanie fills us in on bball scoop. Our town needs a boy's coach too. Plus she says Ryan McKim is interested in coaching here - helping new girl's coach. Hmmm - we'll see if this happens.
  • The bar owner, Tim Grey stops by to see if all is good. I think that is cool! Another new server, Doug North. Plus Morgan Evans works here. Kathy Lacina must be a regular - but then again, so must we!
  • So a quiet Friday ended up being pretty busy.
  • This a.m. I had a major migraine - I blame a mixture of hormones and liquor.
  • Paul went to the new bakery (Cynthis Wolf ways "hi") and got a lovely mixture of stuff. Now that my meds kicked in - time to eat!

No comments: