Monday, June 6, 2011

Dirty little secret

I likes da naughty music. Yah, you heard me! I like hip hop - where they talk dirty a lot, but the beat it good. And now people know it.

Jud gave me an iTunes gift card for Christmas, so I downloaded some new music recently. I'd been lusting for some hip hop since I'd been to a couple weddings and danced to the stuff with the kids. Mid life crisis? I don't know! All I know is I like to dance to the stuff and it makes me feel like jiving around.

I made a CD of my latest music to take to Amy when we went to Denver - she'd mentioned that she too enjoyed Katy Perry's California Girls. Corny song...what can I say?!? Plus I had gotten some other songs I thought she'd like, by artists like Plain White T's and Adele.

But I like me some Rihanna. And one of the songs I got was S&M. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlEdFJpQ8-c
Amy said she had that one on when she and niecelet Jordie were going to a kickball game recently. Jordan was like, "Uh, does your mom know this is about sex??" Yep Jordo, I done figured it out!

I hope Jordan doesn't have visions of me and her Uncle Paul in S&M costumes - me in thigh high leather boots - stilettos, a bustier...with a whip! HA HA. Except it's me, so it would have to be more like some nice comfy leather moccasins and sweats. Guess S&M is out - I'd laugh too hard getting into the outfit!

I know some of the people who see me driving while listening to the tunes prolly think I'm nuts! Old lady jiving around...no whips and chains though. I've always been a classic rock kinda girl, but lately I've got the new jones for the hip hop. Can't wait for my next dance party!

Another thing. Some women are trying to fight back against the old "she was asking for it" by dressing provocatively. They introduced the Slut Walk - starting in Toronto this spring. They're combating the myth of the slut and blaming the victim. Their point is that women should be able to dress how they want to and not be attacked. http://www.slutwalkchicago.org/

I'm not encouraging anyone to dress like a slut - because...well it doesn't look good. But men should be able to keep it in their pants regardless. No matter how sexy we're dressed and what we dance to!

No comments: