Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fave shows

Joan gets Showtime these days. And she's getting some other channels for $12.95 for 2 months. She got tired of only getting the basics I guess. I like Showtime - Weeds, which got pretty dark after Year 1, but is still darkly funny. Dexter - I love the books - a serial killer who is a cop and only kills bad guys.

I am still shocked when they swear and show butts on TV. Pablo and I haven't ever gotten movie channels - unless you count when we got HBO free by mistake at our old house for a while. The first time Dexter's sis Deb dropped the MF bomb my head snapped up from my laptop - wha??? Then I remembered - oh yeah...Showtime baby.

Shows like this take me back to my first fave shows beyond the soaps. St. Elsewhere, Hill Street Blues, Thirty Something - those were some good dramas. The kind where you truly became involved in the characters' lives. Good writing and good acting. Today it seems many of those types of shows are relegated to the cable pay channels.

I do like The Good Wife - a regular network show. Last year's fave Saving Grace just finished up, and I couldn't watch since Joan doesn't get TNT. Hope Grace got saved - guess I could check it out on my laptop. That's entertainment!

No comments: