Sunday, June 13, 2010

Where's the ark? Big 12 loses 2

The rain just keeps coming. Rain, stop briefly, heat up, repeat. That's been the weather pattern of the past couple weeks and it doesn't look to stop soon. It's like last winter, only warmer.

Bobbie and Jeff mentioned they wanted to go to the DM Farmer's Market Saturday a.m. - leave at 7 a.m. So, despite the fact that I spent my weeks there, I got up early to head that way once again. It was overcast when we headed to McFee's house and they drove their Charger. Of course about 20 minutes north of town it started to rain - which turned into cats and dogs by the I-80. Crap!

We headed to Perkins for breakfast when we got to WDM. The rain stopped while we ate and we headed downtown, sad to find out the market had been cancelled. There were a few brave vendors left - Jeff was able to get some nice looking green beans, and we scored some dutch letters (they're all S's by the way). Now what? We didn't want to rush back to Creston.

We headed towards West Glen where we found some of the Farmer's Market vendors set up - and I got a nice welded metal garden pretty to donate to the Iowa Recycling Association Annual Meeting. Plus I'll have to go back to get something for whichever sis I have for Xmas this year.

Then we hit DSW - a giant shoe warehouse near Jordan Creek. Kinda overwhelming - I didn't get anything as I'd purchased my shoe quota earlier this week. Bobbie got black work shoes. After that it was off to Champps at Jordan Creek for BMs - Bloody Marys. Yum.

Bobbie and I shopped a bit more, but sadly Jeff and Paul spent more in drinks while we spent nothing. Watched a bit of the England/USA soccer match and ate. Back to Ctown before church. Fun day for a rainy one - rained again early this a.m. so my walked got shortened yet again. I won't get in shape at this rate!

Been watching all the news on the Big 12 demise - or so they say. There are a million opinions no facts yet. It makes me very sad to see money breaking up and changing tradition. Nebraska in the Big 10? That's just not right. Tom Osborn, your ego betrays you. College athletics is out of control. The NCAA has lost control. It's crazy. The Iowa press has been very disappointing - the DM Register sickening. Are they that excited to see ISU downgraded to a lesser conference?

I hope the whole thing is settled soon as I can't take this waiting!

No comments: