Monday, June 14, 2010

EWF

Me in lovely Hawaiian shirt, Rob, Chris behind and Vic.
Earth Wind and Fire

My best memories of EWF are from Iowa City. Whaaaat you ask? The place of the root of all evil? But, si - es verdad.

We jump in the wayback machine. I was in college, and I drove my little red Chevy Monza to visit my friend Chris at the Chi O house at the U of I. Robbie Dob drove over from Atlantic. (she was a former Iowa student, but unfortunate circumstances prevented her return after her frosh year - nobody told her she had to actually attend class) It must have been our junior or senior year.

So we had an Atown reunion in Iowa City. I don't remember the whole weekend. I do remember driving together in my car with my EWF cassette playing, singing at the top of our lungs. Then we went for pizza and there was a singer dude - guitar, microphone. Robyn, being Ms Friendly got to chatting with him. Chris was no slouch there either. Before we knew it, we were posing on the stage with the microphone.

I recall being downtown at some point - at the Airliner. And drinking beer. Robyn, Chris and I always had a grand time together. One time those same gals came to ISU for a weekend - our frosh year (Robyn had not yet flunked out). We all hit the showers together - it was the dorms - we could do that, there were 3 in a row. We sang "Lady Sings the Blues" in 3 part harmony (okay we just sang) sounding so much like Diana Ross we had an audience when we got out. haha

I miss those guys...

No comments: