Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The pain of AA

Adult Acne that is. My one ovary must be alive and kicking - enough hormones to make my chin break out. I must ask Dr. Ava Feldman about it tomorrow before she sands the cancer cells off my leg.

I had a nice trip to See the Rabbits (Cedar Rapids) today. I was actually in Marion, but who really knows where that is...at another, you guessed it, trash meeting. It was the EMS (Environmental Management System) folks today. Lovely venue - a City Park that was LEED certified, which means all environmental and shit. Ground source heat, concrete floors, good insulation -all the building products were from within 300 miles.

Beautiful day for a drive. I took one of the state's hybrid Honda Civic's - 7.7 gallons to drive over 320 miles. Pretty good! Long day - left at 6 a.m. back at the parking garage at 7:30 p.m.

Joan and I walked about 8:3o p.m. - she's on late duty at her job this week as dispatcher at FedEx so we got home about the same time. I could tell her shin splints were bugging her though about halfway thru the walk when she started walking on her tippytoes. I geared it back from my usual speed - unusual as I'm the one usually feeling like I'm holding people back!

Hard to believe I'm looking forward to a day in my cubicle tomorrow. I've been on the go for a week.

No comments: