Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Furlough

I took my last furlough day today. Yep 8 whole unpaid hours. It was marvelous, even though expensive to my pocketbook in order to help the state budget.

I was in post trip recovery mode. Laundry - we still had the down comforter and the heated bed pad (though not turned on) on our bed and I was hot last night, and not in a sexy way. Time to switch to summer bedding!

I was ready for a nice home cooked meal so I dragged out the new crockpot cookbook - rib recipe. No milk in the house and I was starving for my morning cereal - ya'll know what a cereal nut I am! It had been days since my last bowl. Quick trip to Fareway for groceries. Then home to eat breakfast...ahhh.

Popped the ribs into the oven as instructed, along with a bunch of other ingredients - sweet and sour. Then I hopped on my laptop. No not literally! So nice to have a day to myself! Read my book. More laundry. I rode my bike and figured out what bad shape I'm in. Yikes! Felt good though -worked up a sweat. Paul came home for lunch as I was putting the ribs in the crockpot.

Ran to the library and filled the car up in prep for tomorrow's work trip. (Only one night away from home all week - Paul said he'll be sick of me, but then took it right back. Hoping he wasn't kidding). Vacuumed, made the bed.

So nice to have a leisurely day to myself. Even if I'm not getting paid! Couldn't help it - read my work emails. They seem to be surviving without me. Back at it tomorrow. But only for a couple days. Home Thursday night after a couple days of work. Physical Friday with a new doc or PA, Blythe Waltersdorf. Always glad to get that over with. Hope the ribs are good!

No comments: