Wednesday, June 9, 2010

FSFS

Feeling sorry for self. That's me. I found out the spot I had biopsied on my leg had some basal cells and needs further scraping. Right before that call, Dr. Kuhl's office called to schedule my very first colonoscopy. yay.

Frick.

That all happened right before lunch. Good thing it was nice out today so I walked down to Jimmy Johns for a sannie. And I got a cookie. Heck yes. The sun and food perked me up a bit.

Work has been a bit grueling this week - I won't get into it a bore all 5 of you to tears, but some solid waste professionals well....just aren't too. They suck. And it's up to me to figure out a way to improve things in their areas. Yay me.

So by the end of week it was...yep FSFS again. What's the remedy? You guessed it. Shoes. I be needing some sandals for the wedding- Bucks coming up in a couple weeks and little Leslie July 17 (her 26th bday). I also needed some greeting cards I headed for World Market my fave card place. So I decided to stop at Marshall's as long as I was in the neighborhood.

Jackpot! Who knew they had such deals. Just the thing for someone who might lose a leg soon. I found a totally awesome pair of gold sandals for $34, and be still my heart, some Merrill Maryjane's just like the tan ones I already have and have gotten lots of compliments on - for $39! Get out of town! I've never seen them for less than $59. So I couldn't pass them up - I'm nothing if not loyal to my favorite things.

I realize buying shit does not make my problems go away. But at least I don't feel as sorry for myself! A quick stop at the Waukee Libary and a nice walk with my roomie Joan didn't hurt either. And tomorrow is Thursday - going home day!

1 comment:

amy e. goldsmith said...

don't joke about losing a leg! i worry too much about diseases. maybe you should make a blog that just i can read, free of disease talk. and if it makes you feel any better, i'm in fsfs mode as well. :(