Saturday, March 23, 2013

Shades...

Finally - the new shades are here for our bedroom. Just in time for daylight savings time. We have nice plantation shutters throughout the upstairs of our new home. They're great, but they don't cover the top 12 inches of the windows, which is just fine everywhere except our room. You see...there is a street light not too far from our room - and when there is a full moon, or it's snow...it's like daylight in there! Paul's putting them up tomorrow. After the ISU game.

Speaking of...after we picked up the shades up at Lowe's yesterday evening, we went to the original Legends Sports Bar for a beverage and a bite before tucking in to watch the Cyclones.
The crowd was mixed - Cyclone and Hawks - who had an NIT game that same night. Plus the national wrestling tourney was going on in downtown DSM. I had a toasted Cajun tuna sannie on rye - very tastie!

My Cyclones - they were on fire. We watched them at home Nicely done - I didn't even have a pounding heart at the end of the game. That's what momma likes! I thought about my Uncle Bill during the game as they were playing his Notre Dame Fighting Irish...Aunt Marty texted today to say that now Bill won't win the family NCAA pool. Oops!

Today the ISU Women beat Gonzaga on their home court. My nephew Eric Kohan attends that shool and is on their debate team - so he's in Memphis at Mock Trial Nationals. I hope he's not hanging out at Silky O'Sullivan's - where we hung out at the bowl game when were in Memphis. Crazy place! I think E is more concerned with the Zag's mens teams...

A good weekend to be a Clone fan.

This morning Paul drove south to scout for deer anter sheds. Odie and I went to PetSmart to get her nails trimmed. She loves that. NOT. They used some type of grinder tool that made them smooth - very nice and only $11. I'll go back there - drop in only, they don't take appointments.

My bestie came for a lunch date! Deb and Larry went on a dream vacation to Hawaii last week. They got back Wednesday morning. Deb was coming up to DSM to see her sisters and gave me a call for a lunch date. We went to Maverick's for yummy roast beef sannies and came back to look at her trip photos which were fab. I'd love to go there some day - it looks like paradise. I miss my weekend conversation with Debbie.

Once she took off, Paul and I headed to the Fireplace store to order deck furniture. We sold our old stuff with our house. We had spied some recycled plastic stuff we liked a couple weeks ago - so we went back to order it. Surprisingly...we didn't get this Cyclone stuff...we did get bar height - 4 chairs and a table. It should come in 2 or 3 weeks.

Let's hope the snow is off the deck by then...here's what it looked like this evening...it's supposed to snow all night. Puxatawny Phil...you should be made into a coat.
Today is March 23...my pal Robbie Dob Bredensteiner's 55th birthday. Love that girl - we've been friends for over 50 years now. Geez that sounds so loooong. Here's to you my friend!

No comments: