Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Jackpot

While Paul attended the Deer Classic at HyVee Hall last Sunday, I headed out to Bass Pro for a little shopping. Though their women's clothing area is small, I always have good luck there. I figured while Paul filled his head with thoughts of prancing bambis, I would get a shopping fix. I haven't really gotten to shop much compared to past years when I lived here by myself. I took advantage of the situation - shopping jackpot!

I always get fricken lost when I go to Altoona. That place is whacked. They built I-80 on an angle to it, and it confuses me. I got off at the Bondurant exit, passing right by Bass Pro on the way. But I wasn't sure how to get there - even though I've been there several times before. Why don't they put signs up for dopes like me? Eventually I found it.

The place was packed! Spillover from the Deer Classic? Plus they have fishing sessions. Plus it seems to be like a real destination shopping place - because you can bowl there and there is a video shooting arcade, plus a restaurant. I stuck with plain 'ol shopping! I snagged a dressing room right away and tried on some stuff. Ended up with a new Columbia jacket - great sale price.
I picked up a few other sale items too. Snapped some photos of a couple things I didn't buy -
How would you like to get your toilet paper from one of these guys?
How about cammo slip ons?
When I went back to pick Paul up, I parked for a bit to wait for him, and got a nice phone call from my Creston pal Deb! It was so nice to catch up with her - miss our weekly coffee outings.

I actually cooked this week - with help from sous chef Pablo. Hamburger soup, substituting turkey burger. It's a regular recipe that I put in the crock pot. Next time I won't boil the noodle - they ended up mushy. Onion soup mix and Dry Italian dressing mix provide the flavoring. Good stuff.
Did the mall walking thing tonight. I like to picture Paul in the good-looking men's clothing as I walk through Dillards. Then I spied these shorts - right up his alley, huh?
I always tease him that he's invisible in cammo...

No comments: