Monday, June 4, 2012

It's number 901!

  • I am a prolific blogger, yes indeedy! I just noticed that my Jim and Lindsay blog was number 900. Wow. That's a lot of writing. Mostly about nothing. And the stuff of my life. You know what that means...I've been commuting for a long time!

  • Tonight I picked up my supper (a chicken sannie) at Charley's Steakery and Fresh Grilled Subs at Jordan Creek Mall. Yeah, deciding where to eat was a big decision...but the sample guy got me. Good marketing! I got a big kick out of the order-taker. She said something like (insert foreign accent).
"What you like Ladeee? You want fries with that Ladeee?" You know it just takes an attitude like that to make a difference in this world. There are a lot of people standing around waiting for others to hand them a living. This woman learned a language and works hard every day. Making me chuckle along the way.

  • Paul reported to night that Odie the Wonder dog killed a baby bird. She had feathers coming out of her mouth like Sylvester the Cat on cartoons. He texted me "Killer Doggy". I bet she feels very self-satisfied.
  • Our dog big 'ol wiener dog Jud (1958-1973 - yes, I named my son after my dog) used to hunt rabbits all the time. We had a clay drain pipe that stuck into our yard from our house. Rabbits loved to hang out in there and taunt him. We'd get Jud all excited pointing and yelling "Rabbit Jud Rabbit". He'd dig around the pipe and bark. I don't think he ever caught a rabbit though.

  • Today is Mom's 83rd birthday - nearly 15 years after she died. I wonder what kind of old lady she would have been? Now that Susi is 60, 68 really doesn't sound all that old. I really wish she could have found the strength to quit smoking when she was younger - like in her 40's. Would it have made a difference? I don't know but I'd like to think so.  


1 comment:

Mary MG said...

Congrats on #901. Wow!