Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Back to the Standard

It's been a long time. In fact I hadn't been to our fave DSM bar, The Standard, since Pablo headed for the hills. Creston that is - in the hills of Southern Iowa, when Paul's temp job in in the big city was completed in April. Today that changed.
the floor is beautiful inlaid tile

Today I had an Environmental Management System workshop at the Ola Babcock Miller State Library Building near the Iowa State Capitol. I love that place - so full of artsy touches. And there's something about working where there's a cannon in the yard...


After the workshop, I took our consultants - two visitors from Ohio to The Standard. Both Cory and Tom seemed to enjoy the place just as much as I do. They tried local brews from Newton.
Cory at left, just became engaged to be married in September. Jeff is the bartender. Tom on right is building a new home in Ohio.

Jeff the bartender remembered me, after I ordered my signature lemondrop (only 1...I was driving). There was a musician that started at 5 p.m. - we quite enjoyed his tunes. Cory and I ordered the fish tacos and they were yummy! It was nice to be back, but I missed having my honey by my side...

No comments: