Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I'm such a freakin' baby

And it makes me mad! Geeeez. My friend Thea is battling cancer - 2 kinds! And I'm all down in the dumps about shoulder pain. What a wimp.

Thea tells me she's starting a new regimen of chemo now. You may recall she has multiple myeloma and kidney cancer. F'n stuff. She just got out of the hospital again - after getting a port put in to drain her lung. Yet when people visit she remains upbeat. What a lady!

Me? I went through the removal of Imelda, my unusual tumor last February. She (a tiny painful blob) was in my left elbow. Then in March I started feeling pain in my right shoulder. What the hell? Is it from my Wii workout routine? I have no idea. But the thing continues to get more and more painful.

A few weeks ago I broke down and saw Sheryl Young ARNP about it. She set me up with Geri the Physical Therapist. I was sure I was on the road to recovery, But so far not...it's still damn sore. My shoulder blade is winging out. Geri says I need to retrain it and tuck it back in. (Geri and fam love hot air balloons and therefore Creston and Balloon Days).

Last week I broke down and called Sheryl again, complaining about the constant pain. She agreed to give me a steroid shot on Thursday. Once I got the shot, I felt immediate relief - at least right at the site of the shot. Movements that had hurt before were not painful. Other parts of my arm still hurt but not the back of my shoulder.

At least until I decided to ride my bike. I could have sat around all weekend - and maybe I'd still feel better. But I was happy to ride my bike with Paul. Until later, when the should began hurting. And it's hurt ever since. So now I've had an XRay, which showed nothing, and I'm set up to see a surgeon in a couple weeks. Good thing too cuz I felt half queasy today due to pain. And mad. What a wienie!

No comments: