Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Date night

Okay not much of a date, but my honey buns did come to DSM tonight. It was car fixin' week for the Goldsmiths. I took my car in to Ramsey Subaru Tuesday for some warranty work - a notice I received about the computer needing to be reset.

But in the meantime, Paul's car had developed a jiggle in the steering wheel a certain speeds, so he made an appointment for Wednesday. I usually bring his car up when it gets regular service, but didn't want to wait to get his car in for a whole 'nother week! AND in the meantime, Jud called his daddy last night to report that the Jeep had shaken wildly at 55+ mph driving home from work. (Thank God Pablo gets those automotive calls from the kids - I just get the computer calls) Paul told him to take it in to a shop in St. Joe.

So, a side benefit for me to Paul's Ramsey trip is a meet-up afterwards! We got together at Marshall's - where he bought me a nice dress for the Peterson wedding at the end of the month. What a nice guy! We proceeded to Sportmart where he couldn't help but get me a couple exercise items (a skort and some compression shorts - he does love my butt, or so he says...).

Then it was on to man-heaven - Home Depot. Though he was really quite restrained there. We headed right for the back splash tile, and he didn't veer. Damn! He let me forget to look for a unit to put bird seed in. We have an mouse in our chair pad storage unit because he's put his birdseed in there. I know! That's just not right! There should not be mice near me. Ever! I do not like them. Those tiny little beady eyed things make me crazy.

We found some tile samples to check out for $50. (Unlike checking out samples in Creston, Iowa - which we can do with our good name...) We get our $ back when we return the samples. The backsplash above the kitchen sink is going to look awesome!

We ended the evening with an early (before the rush) meal at Hu Hot. You get your bowl of meats, fish, noodles, veggies and sauce and take it to a big wok to be fried up by quiet little men with metal tools. It was yummy! We enjoyed being together on a Wednesday. (especially me cuz I got new stuff).

Rob Grill, the lead singer of The Grass Roots, died yesterday. He was 67.
Sha La - La, La, La, La live for today. Reminds me of the very first cassette I got for my fabulous lil tape player I got for Christmas in about 6th grade. I likely wore that tape out. RIP Rob. And remember ya'll - Live for today!
Then Paul stopped by Joan's on his way out of town and pumped up my bike tires that were down to 40 psi - they're supposed to be at 100! So I'll be cruising now. All because of my honey.

No comments: