Thursday, July 28, 2011

Peterson Miller Wedding

It's finally here -the weekend of the Brett Peterson - Shawna Miller Wedding. How long have I known these crazy kids? Brett was about three when I first met him. It must have been in a parenting class when I met my soon to be BFF Deb Peterson, who was preggers with son Keith. Brett was then about 3, and was a skinny towhead shy blond. He and Amy seemed to play well together, as they did their whole lives - never being really close friends, but always having a bond.

Brett was a classmate of Amy, and Keith a classmate of Jud. So our kids spent a lot of time together - especially since they went through St. Malachy, our Catholic School from kindergarten through eighth grade. Amy's class became especially close since there were only eight students in that class by the time they graduated. They were like one big family!

I first met Shawna Miller when I taught Wednesday evening religious education for the public school Catholics. I know - it surprised me too! I didn't really even listen to my own Catechism classes back at St. Peter and Paul's in Atlantic. But there was a book with lesson plans and everything. So I taught a group of eight or so, during Amy's eighth grade year. Shawna was a nice girl, and very pretty - never a classroom problem. Amy and Shawna played volleyball together in junior high. And eventually were homecoming princesses together in twelth grade. (Haley Walters took home the big prize...).

I watched Brett grow up from a skinny young boy to a handsome young man. After a year away at the University of Utah, he decided to attend the University of Iowa. But not before he took a certain Shawna Miller out on a few dates. Suprisingly, they had never dated in high school. But it was love at first date - and the two have been attached at the hip ever since. Those two were meant for each other.

Oh boy - I hope I don't blubber as Shawna walks down the aisle and Brett steps out to take her arm. I know the Imming girls (Deb and her 3 sisters) will be crying!

Amy and Jud will be here. Amy flies in to KC tomorrow, so Pablo my Poolboy and I are picking her up - early a.m. for us since she gets there at 8 a.m or so. On the way, we're dropping a chair off for Jud in St. Joseph. Then I have to come home and work a couple hours. Busy day!

But come 5 PM tomorrow, I'm taking Amy to the Lobby - Creston's new bar. And Saturday we're off to DSM to the wedding. St. Ambrose Cathedral, Temple of the Performing Arts and Marriott Downtown. And Saturday night, the Peterson's will have a daughter-in-law. My BFF Deb is gonna shine in her pink dress. I can't wait!

I've been looking forward to this weekend for a year!

1 comment:

fumiowilliam said...

Thanks for sharing this blog. Piano Maniacs is the Best Dueling Pianos in Sharon, Dueling Pianos is made up of a team of musicians who have worked together for many years. Most of us have been entertainment managers at national piano bar chains.

Hire dueling pianos in Ohio