Sunday, July 17, 2011

Saturday was a Chillaxin' day

Saturday Paul and Jud were off shopping for a new car. So I slept in until 9:30 a.m. woohoo (after being awakened by the guys before they took off around 8 a.m.) Kara, Jud's girlfriend was heading to Denison for a family gathering, so she slept in too - a bit more successful than I - she got up around 11ish.

I had a little breakfast, my usual bowl of cereal - Raisin Bran today. I headed out to the deck with my laptop to read the paper and sip my java. The heat wasn't oppressive - yet, and a light breeze wafted over Paul's beautiful flowers. I recorded the sight as I saw it - it's something that keeps me going through the winter!
After Kara got up, we chatted before she took off north. She's just completed her training at Cerner Corporation in Kansas City. They make software for hospitals. It sounds like she and our baby boy are enjoying learning their way around KC.

Once alone, I did a little laundry and called daughter #1 to get caught up on her life. We chatted a bit when the boys drove up in a brand new Mazda - breaking up our conversation.

Later that afternoon, Jud, full of parently love after getting a bit of $ help with his new car, decided to go to church with us. I liked showing him off to our church family! Linda Hartsock patted his back and Cheri Finken said hello. I introduced Jud to Fr. Pins. That night we dined on New York strips and hash browns. It was nice to speak to Jud person to person - not by phone. A wonderful summer day!

No comments: