Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Altec, Heat Heave


It's trucks like these that are making Jud's new car possible. Okay we helped a little too. If you look up on the hoist - the word ALTEC can be seen. Jud said it stands for Alabama Technology. He works for ALTEC in St. Joseph, MO as a strategic buyer. He talked a bit about it last weekend when he was home.

I liked hearing about Jud's job and life. Neither one of us is a phone person. So we weren't spilling our guts about our lives to each other this past few weeks since he started working early in June. It's so much easier to talk in person to find out what his new post college life is like.

Hey, he's my baby - it's my right to know! It's so different than with Amy. I can talk to her on the phone - and get a feel for her life. But boys...at least this boy is different. He can be a phone mumbler (he comes by it genetically - I was a mumber myself, and still can be). Which makes it hard to exchange information. So I wait until we're together.

Anyway, he gets along fine with his roommate Connor - they watch ESPN and play video games. Jud plays softball once a week on the company team. At work, he seems to be getting to know the people in his department. And suppliers took him out to eat twice last week! That's a perk of the job. Good thing he's not a state employee - or he would have had to keep it under the $3 limit. Hmmm glass of milk? Jud now knows who in the department to ask about St. Jo stuff - the locals know it all.

I'm glad I got a chance to chat with my baby - face-to-face. And even though the reality of the working world sometimes sucks - for all of us, (unless you're Warren Buffet or some other Richie Rich) I'm glad he's now a wage earning member of society!

On another note, the cops saved me last night! In that same section of Hickman - that damn road is out to get me - they were set up and I had to turn around. At the time I figured there was an accident right around Living History Farms - going west. Tonight I saw on TV that the pavement had buckled! Geez, Hickman could have done severe damage to my lil el carro again. You may recall last fall that's where a deer hit the rental car I was driving whilst my car was in the shop due to the coyote incident. That section of road is not my friend!

1 comment:

Joash de Cabin said...

you will have a good discount but don’t forget to check the reputation of the firm along with the legal registration papers and other essential documents of the truck, you are going to buy from them.

altec bucket trucks