Sunday, May 1, 2011

Just like the book title

in my last blog  - life IS so good! At least last night it was, as a bunch of us celebrated at the marriage of our friend Susan to Brian Weinheim, a cute fella she has been engaged to for a year. One of the reasons this wedding was so very fun was that it wasn't just about the Yute (you had to see the movie My Cousin Vinnie to understand that that means youth) or young uns. It about Susan - and her homies - us!

The wedding was earlier in the afternoon, attended by family - including Susan's two beautiful daughters Lindsay and Lauren from her first marriage, whom I've known all their lives. Pat and Steve Moeller were bestest man and lady.

The wedding and reception were, appropriately, at Crestmoor Golf Club. Golf is how the two love birds met. Around 150 people attended the reception, but again - mostly family and close friends. Our group was made up of our workout group - I am a no longer a worker outer, but make the Monday a.m. breakfasts. I'm glad the girls include me in those every other week gatherings - they're often the highlight of my week! I don't have anything as warm and friendly as that in DSM that's for sure.

Susan looked gorgeous in her gown and Pat was fab too. Brian is a handsome guy and everyone looked joyful - as they should on such an occasion. And the gals were ready to rock. I was hesitant to rush through my first drink to eat, but smarter heads prevailed. I had a nice sannie with some beans and yummie cake (white). Then, back to my vodka tonic in preparation for our "Addicted to Love" routine. Must have lubrication.

I did get to loosen up with some all chick dances to none-other than "Love Shack" and I couldn't let Deb dance alone to the Johnny Cash number. So I was ready to go when called downstairs with my sunglasses and blowup guitar to prepare for our gig. I hope somebody got some good pics. Susan was having a good time! Then the DJ called for the Cir quettes (not sure of spelling) it's from circuit training.

The music started and I was in the back, rocking my red blowup guitar to beat the band. Literally! Good thing Pablo tied that fishing string (not wire) on it. The other gals had shown up early to circuit training to practice their moves and of course I was in DSM. So I just kept rocking that guitar as they went through the gyrations. It was a hoot - at least from the performers side. Watchers may have gotten a bit bored...but who cares!?! Girls just want to have fun!

Paul and I danced a bit, but mostly I girl danced - so glad we gals don't need guys to dance anymore. All too soon, it was 11:30 and I turned into a pumpkin again. But we took lots of photos. And Susan and Brian looked like they were having a great time! I'm so happy for them, and wish them many years of a wonderful marriage.

And I'm wondering when next we chicks can dance again?? Or maybe I can get married again...but with the same groom. That was some fun.

No comments: