Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bird-O-Phobia

My roomie Joan is a farm girl. So you'd think she'd be hard-hearted when it comes to livestock, right? Okay, a robin red breast isn't livestock, but it is an animal - a bird who chose to build its nest over Joan's front door - not once but twice. She did knock it down once.

But the damn thing built it right back in the same place, and was all a-flutter, as Joan worked in the front yard. Evidently she took that "welcome" sign on the door to heart! Momma birdie worked so hard to get that baby built back in time to lay three beautiful blue eggies in it. So Joan left it alone.

And suddenly I'm afraid to go in and out the front door! I don't want a bird dive-bombing me, or pooping on my head. I've been taking the garage door route instead. Let's hope the babies hatch and move out quickly! I want my door back.

Update - and tonight Joan reports there are 3 baby birdies in the nest. If I wasn't so chicken (another bird) I would get a closeup of those birds.

1 comment:

amy e. goldsmith said...

aw... :) leave 'em right where they are. they look happy there.