Friday, November 26, 2010

A strange dichotomy

I'm a strange one. I put lots of my life out here online, yes I do. Intimate thoughts at times. Personal stuff. Yet I consider myself an introvert when it comes to some things.

Like having people visit our home. Jud invited his friend Kara to Creston Sunday evening for supper and over night. I'm not a natural entertainer (though I cover it well - I think) and I find it a bit uncomfortable to have people up close and personal like that. At least until I know them better. Though Kara was easy to talk to - it's all my own lack of confidence.

Plus I don't like people up close and personal - in my space. Getting my hair cut is a stretch. I wouldn't like a friend to comb my hair for example and am not comfy rubbing a friends shoulders. I'm just not a touchy feely person.

So I am okay with laying some stuff out there - with words. But other stuff - bodily functions, and touching, are okay to talk and laugh about. Yep, I'm weird.

Thanksgiving was very relaxing and low key with Jud and Paul. Missed our baby girl - she was entertaining guests at her place in Denver. Today we head to Earlville for Goldsmith Christmas. Odie has to stay here as the motel we're staying in has no room in the Inn for dogs (shhh don't tell her!).

No comments: