Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I didn't take the insurance


Yesterday when I got the rental car, to drive while my own car is being repaired. You may recall I hit some kinda varmint driving home from Des Moines not even two whole weeks ago. It was a smallish deerog (combination dog/deer). I can't quite make myself type dog.

I don't want it to be a dog. Maybe it was a coyote - Wile E. Coyote trying out his Acme rocket skates. Yeah, that's it. And he shot across the highway at the wrong time, hitting the underneath left front side of my Subaru. Breaking my fog light and my wiper fluid reservoir and cracking my bumper. Whatever the hell it was.

My first insurance claim in forever - except the hail damage on our house. And now just scant days later, whilst driving the damn Toyota owned by Enterprise I hit a big damn deer. Right on Hickman near I-35/80. It ran across from the south and the car by me slammed on its brakes and I hit the mushy brakes on this car but alas. Bam! The poor deer spun around on its back and looked like it was going to get up. I sped on hoping against hope there was no damage.

Damn cars - of course there is damage! The whole front end is torked. I think Enterprise will notice tomorrow when I drop it off. Tyler the rental guy made a big deal of walking around the car when I checked it out, noting any damage. F#*$! I called Paul to report that I am officially an accident magnet. I feel bad about the deer - stupid animal.

I feel bad for me. Another $500 deductible. Hope I don't get a nasty-gram from my insurance company!

1 comment:

amy e. goldsmith said...

oh no! that blows! i think god just wants you to get all the animal car accidents out of your system before age 53.