Monday, November 1, 2010

November 1

Goodbye el carro - I dropped my car off at Ramsey Subaru to be fixed today. It was stressful. I didn't like leaving 'Ru. It was like leaving my child at his first sleepover. On my way into town this a.m. I had to stop at Joan's and drop all of my sh...stuff off - suitcase, hanging clothes etc.

Still - I left my raincoat in 'Ru and a coffee cup. My stuff ya know. I feel lost without my car and my stuff. I'm driving a Toyota Corolla from Enterprise for a couple days - grabby brakes. But hey, it's just a couple days. I can do this.

I got to have my birthday breakfast with my homegals first thing this a.m. Always a great way to start the day - especially when I get funny cards just for me! It was a full house today - everyone was there. We were loud and proud.

I'm happy to report that Nancy has returned to college - she's attending Upper Iowa University, a branch here in DM. I'm so proud of her and for her. She's taking a writing class right now. I love it when people keep learning and growing.

Election Day tomorrow - can't wait to get rid of all the negative ads! What an awful year. From both sides. I am sick of both parties. What will it take to get rid of the big money controlling our government? It's depressing. Paul and I voted a couple weeks ago absentee. The Union County race is as exciting as any - stay tuned!

No comments: