Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Water Water Everywhere...


Ames looks so sad - flooded yet again. Jud's friends had to purchase ice to melt into drinking water as all the water was gone from the store in Ames when they got there. Of course Wal-Mart and Target are both under water, so that takes out some of the places to buy those things...

Need to go pack for Osage Beach. I'm nervous - not in decent drinking condition. Not sure if I can keep up with my buddies this year. But I'll give it the 'ol college try. And be damn glad I have migraine drugs.

It's a longish drive down there - something like 6.5 hours to Sharon and Al Higgins beautiful home away from home. We got to go last year and had a great time. This year it's supposed to be very very hot. In the good news department, this year I am cleared to actually get into the lake this year (last year I was in recovery from my hysterectomy when we were there).

My lil buddy Jud is home briefly after his internship at John Deere. Man did that kid learn some shit! He is a learned man now - and has many new experiences under his belt. Trips to Chicago, tubing, first solo flight - all by himself, not that he was the pilot. Even driving over there and finding all the places he needed to be and figuring out how to do his job and give his big presentation at the end - that was all huge for Juddy. College senior. Gee seems like Amy was just there...wonder if Jud will streak central like Amy did the night of graduation...naw...

No comments: