Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Salad Days


Stopped at Target after work - picked up a deliciouso chix salad for supper. Though this one wasn't quite as fresh as the last one I got there. Greens - not iceberg, a nice grilled chicken breast, goat cheese, dried cherries, and large walnuts with poppy seed dressing.

At lunch the permitting staff had food day. They neglected to invite me - even though I attend their staff meetings and work quite closely with them. Bummer - they still forget me. So not knowing about food day, I wandered back to heat up my burger, left over from Sunday at home. There they were, eating away.

Matt Phoenix, one of the engineers, kindly offered me some of the ribs he had prepared and cooked. They smelled awesome. I took a chunk for tomorrow - can't wait. Then I stood and chatted with the staff members. I'm sure they wouldn't have minded if I would have joined in eating. But I didn't. I also don't partake in their birthday gatherings - except for Becky, who makes a point to invite me.

If my new boss (since my boss Al retired) turns out to be a schmuck or won't allow me to work from home, I may scootch over to the permitting/solid waste department. Then I'll be invited. Maybe.

No comments: