Monday, August 2, 2010

Back at it

After a week of being home, I'm back at it in Des Moines (that's French for The Moines). I drove up this morning in a light rain, with crazy lightning in the horizon. I was hoping it wouldn't take out me lil Subaru.

Driving I'm listening to a book of okay not great suspense short stories. I'm thankful to be in good health. Glad I have a job to go to. It was tough to leave this a.m. Yet it felt good to be - gasp - back in my cubicle. I feel more productive there. I can get stuff done at home, but I just don't feel as businesslike sitting in my big chair. I suppose I should sit in at the desk. But I don't.

It did feel like a long day though - got here at 7 a.m. and worked until 5 p.m. Headed to Jordan Creek to get my shopping fix. I need a book for vacation - one I can take on a boat without worry I might drop it in the water (not a library book). wanted to check out sale stuff too. Got a nice silky shirt for $11. Book was $6. Salad at Wendy's for $6. Apple walnut. Joan got home shortly after I did. We made a joint decision against a walk. Too sultry. The weather not the old ladies...

My quiet little life in Des Moines.

No comments: