Monday, August 30, 2010

Liked it

The movie Eat, Pray Love was good. I especially liked the Rome part - the outside of the apartment looked like Amy's place that we got to see when we went there. And inside the big door - there was a small lift and stairs too. But Julia Roberts (playing Liz) only had a tub for bathing - and it had to be heated with boiling water. Amy had a shower and a spiral staircase.

I enjoyed watching the sensual experience they portrayed dining as in Italy. I appreciate Italians not wanting to be busy all the time. Perhaps I have a little Italian in me - no? I'm not one of those - I must constantly prove my worth by doing stuff people.

Of course the book is better than the movie - there so much more to it. More explanation of events and background. I did like the casting though - good all around.

I've seen the real Liz on Oprah. I like her - she seems like someone I'd like to meet. Bali looks like a cool place go. How is it that a tropical looking place like that has no bugs? That's just not fair.

The Strand Theater needs a better sound system or my ears are going. I had a very tough time understanding much of the accented dialogue. And I'm usually pretty good at that.

note - I've been having a rash of migraines - thanks to allergy season I suppose. It's my first string of headaches since I've been taking Topamax. I'd forgotten what it was like to have them day after day. It's something I haven't missed a bit.

No comments: